They’ve just celebrated their 10 year anniversary as a group AND have announced they are off on a McBusted super-group tour with their pals James Bourne and Matt Willis – so it’s needless to say, Danny Jones, Dougie Poynter, Harry Judd and Tom Fletcher have LOADS of good advice for our contestants when it comes to being world-class music artists.
But first we want to know who the boys are rooting for in the competition. Is there anyone they think could nab The X Factor crown?
“Sam Bailey is a fantastic singer,” Harry tells us. “And it sounds cheesy but she’s a complete natural, she has an incredible voice.”
Tom continues: “She’s worked so hard all her life, and she has had all this talent the whole way along. That’s what I love about this competition – it has changed her life for the better. Not just her, but a lot of the others too.”
So the boys love Sam B, but let’s get down to the nitty gritty. The naughty antics that happen on the road. They’ve been there and done that, so what tips do they have to share with our finalists for the up-coming X Factor live tour?
1. “Always make sure you know which place you’re in,” Danny tells us. “On our last tour, we were in Portsmouth and I got a bit confused and said ‘Plymouth!’ as I went on stage. Er, they didn’t like it…” We could perhaps see why…
2. “Only go out if you’re not on stage the next day,” explains Harry. “Just don’t do it. I’ve only been on stage twice after a big night out and it was the worst feeling ever!”
3. “Always be nice and polite to everyone you meet along the way,” advises Tom. “I know it sounds silly to say that, but it’s not always that easy when you’re continually knackered. But it is important to be nice.”
4. “Don’t stage dive,” says Dougie. “Because people can pull your trousers down very easily!” Hm, we think someone might be speaking from experience here…
5. “And finally, just don’t be silly,” says Danny. “You can get really ill on tour because you’re run down, so do take it easy when you can.”
There you have it – McFly’s top touring tips. The boys’ brand new single, Love Is On The Radio, is out on Sunday.